Registration is now closed for Youth in Action Atlantic, a fun and interactive summit on life transitions and personal leadership for youth with a disability in Atlantic Canada. The event takes place August 19th-21st at the Delta Beausejour in Moncton, NB.
If you are a youth living with a disability aged 15-24 and living in Atlantic Canada, you are invited to attend this inspirational and engaging summit. Join other youth living with a disability, their families, caregivers, and professionals from the field of disability and Post Secondary Education from across Atlantic Canada as we challenge your mindset and inspire you to dream big and fulfill your potential. This three-day event will be both interactive and informative.
As the lead organization, Muscular Dystrophy Canada, in partnership with the New Brunswick Disability Executives’ Network and the New Brunswick Premier’s Council on the Status of Disabled Persons, is hosting “Youth in Action Atlantic”, a three day summit.
Supportive partnerships have been created with disability networks in the provinces of Nova Scotia (Disability Partnership), Newfoundland (Coalition of Persons with Disabilities) and Prince Edward Island (PEI Council of People with Disabilities).
What will you do at Youth in Action Atlantic?
- Attend interactive workshops, educational sessions and panel discussions that will help guide you as you develop your career path.
- Listen to experts and your peers discuss topics that matter to you.
- Develop your career goals and plan.
- Visit a Post Secondary Education Institution Expo and Vendors Market and discover community resources, supports, programs and technologies that can enhance your quality of life.
- Connect with really cool people from all over Atlantic Canada, hang out in the youth lounge, and participate in social activities.
- Hear Luca “Lazy Legz” Patuelli speak and perform at the Saturday evening Dance Party.
Browse this site to learn more about the summit, and check back regularly to see the list of session topics. The site will be updated as more speakers are confirmed. Register today! Space is limited.
A limited amount of financial assistance for travel and registration is available! Click here to find out how to apply.