Thank you to Emily and Keith, co-presenters at Youth in Action, for sharing this post with us. Learn more about the StrADDegies for Success Expo on their Facebook page.
October recognizes a lot of great causes: ADHD Awareness Month, Mental Health Awareness Week and Small Business Awareness Week, just to name a few!
Help us celebrate these weeks by joining us for the Third Annual strADDegies for Success Expo (previously called the Nova Scotia ADHD Awareness Expo) on Wednesday, October 19th from 1-7pm at Alderney Landing!
You can expect to find all kinds of resources that will help youth and adults with cross-disABILITIES lead a successful life both, in and out of school.
We’ve got some great press over the past few years and we’re expecting even more exposure with this expanded focus this year!
Last year ADDvocacy got October proclaimed as ADHD Awareness Month by Premier McNeil! One of the first of its kind in Canada!
Check out this article in the Chronicle Herald from our 2014 event:
We were also featured in a CTV Mental Health Minute:
Snap’d Dartmouth covered us as well: https://dartmouth.snapd.com/event/730141#/
This year, we moved the venue to the Alderney Landing Market in order to make it more accessible for people coming from Halifax 🙂
We are expecting between 60-80 booths this year!
You can expect to find some of the following resources at the expo:
- ADHD Coaching & Training
- The Atlantic ADHD Centre (An interdisciplinary made up of a psychologist, child psychologist, pediatrician, 3 GP’s, a pharmacy and ADDvocacy ADHD & Life Skills Coaching. The clinic is owned and founded by Dr. Joseph Sadek who is Nova Scotia’s foremost leading expert / Psychiatrist who specializes in Adult ADHD and mood disorders)
- Post-Secondary Institutions
- Employment Agencies
- Skilled trades and technology resources.
- Entrepreneurship resources
- Grants, Scholarships and Funding opportunities
- Private Schools who cater to students with learning differences
- Psychologists / Counselors who specialize in ADHD, Learning Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Mental Health, etc
- Sleep Disorder Clinic
- Professional Organizer
- Financial Coach
- Disability Tax Credit Specialist
- Various professional Trainers / Coaches
- Family and Youth Services
- Holistic Health and Wellness
- Adult Learning
- Mental Health Resources
- Transition programs for youth and adults with (Dis)Abilities
- Entrepreneurs with (Dis)Abilities – Vendor Corner
- Tutoring / Academic Coaching Services
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Resources
- Learning Disability Resources
- Community Leaders / MLA’s
- Advocacy Groups
This event is FREE for the public to attend.
We have up to 80 booths available at just $100 +HST so please contact us to book yours today!
**$500 of the ticket sales from the booths will go into the 2017 strADDegies for Success Scholarship Fund which is open to college and university students who have a learning barrier! Want to donate to the scholarship fund directly? Email Keith.
Follow us on Facebook as we confirm vendors at: www.facebook.com/strADDegiesforSuccessExpoNS
Use the following # tags on Social Media: #strADDegiesforSuccessExpoNS #strADDegies #smallbusinessweek #ADHDawarenessweek #Mentalhealthweek
**We will also have a microphone / stage (vendors will have the opportunity to pitch their services for those who may prefer to listen rather than walk around to the vendors tables, a looping Powerpoint presentation of all the vendors and their services and live entertainment (Singer / Songwriter / Poet / Story Teller?) Contact us if you want to volunteer your time on stage!**
Looking forward to seeing you there! Register at: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/straddegies-for-success-expo-tickets-27198634849 or stop in the day of!